Here’s some details on my 2012 Christmas display:
LOR S3 Advanced software was used create the animations and drive my display. I don’t sequence my lights to music.
The start up and shut down functions in the Show Editor have been great for automating my show. They allow me to send a short DMX control sequence out to my DMX power control relays at the start and end of each show. That way I don’t have to go out and turn the power supplies on and off each night. Win!
The data from LOR S3 is output via E1.31 in multicast mode to my 2 controller cabinets.
- 5, 12 & 30V Mean Well power supplies (one of each type)
- J1SYS ECG-DR4 E1.31 to 4 port DMX interface
- J1SYS ECG-PIXAD8 E1.31 to 8 port pixel interface
- Custom DMX power relay board (also powers ECG-DR4)
- AVD DC24 24 channel DC controller
- Custom 8 port P-DMX distributor (one cabinet only)
- Big W strings for trees and fences
- 12V 2811 pixel strip for gutter line
- 12V RGB strip for garage doors
- 5V and 12V meteor tubes
- Net lights on bushes
- Pre-lit popup trees with meteors added
- 30V LED rope light motifs
- Small red/green star laser