For 2014 I redid my large controller cabinets. (2012 / 2013 one is here) The power supplies were moved to the back of the panel and a 24V power supply added. My 12 channel DC controllers (WS2801 input) clip onto the DIN rails. I also added a 60mm fan that runs whenever the power supplies are running (via a DMX relay)
This cabinet is for the right side of my display.
I had a dedicated power point and network connection installed.
- 4x 12 channel of DC controllers
- 1x ECG-DR4 E1.31 to DMX interface
- 1x ECG-PIXAD8 E1.31 pixel controller
- 1x APC707A P-DMX distributor
- 1 each of 5V, 12V, 24V and 30V power supplies
- 1x 4 way mains fuse PCB
- 1x DMX relay board to switch the above power supplies on remotely.
This cabinet is for the left side of my display.
Again it has a dedicated power point and network connection installed.
Here’s the rear of one of the panels.
The DMX relay powers the ECG-DR4 so it can receive DMX all the time.
When it is triggered, it turns on the 4 switch-mode power supplies.
Each power supply has it’s own fused output on the small board at top left.
A 5V 60mm fan keeps the air moving though the enclosure.