For 2016 Halloween I want to do some sort of bio-hazard scene. Maybe a toxic spill that caused a zombie to rise from the grave.
After looking (unsuccessfully) on eBay for 200L drums that were nearby and cheap, I rang a local marine service agent. They offered me one for free!
I chose a drum that was “pre-stressed” (already dinged up) .
It did have a load of freight stickers and labels that need to be cleaned off.
So, I finally got back to this project.
Last weekend I painted the whole drum with a few coats of matte black.
This weekend my wife made a radiation stencil using her Cricut machine.
Some “Monza Red” paint later we have something more dramatic looking.
A few whacks with a rubber mallet gives it the “fell off a truck” look.
Some expanding foam was used to make the “spill”.
The foam was painted with UV reactive green paint.
The final prop in place on Halloween night.
In my rush I didn’t get a chance to hook up a UV LED.
An RGB LED set to green had to suffice for 2016.