Here’s some details on my 2013 Christmas display:
LOR S3 Advanced software was used create the animations and drive my display. I don’t sequence my lights to music.
The start up and shut down functions in the Show Editor have been great for automating my show. They allow me to send a short DMX control sequence out to my DMX power control relays at the start and end of each show. That way I don’t have to go out and turn the power supplies on and off each night. Win!
The data from LOR S3 is output via E1.31 (and a network switch) to my 2 controller cabinets. I was using multicast mode, but found that it causes issues with some of my mobile devices (mainly the iPad) using the wireless access point. Changing to unicast solved that.
- 5, 12 & 30V Mean Well power supplies (one of each type)
- J1SYS ECG-DR4 E1.31 to 4 port DMX interface
- J1SYS ECG-PIXAD8 E1.31 to 8 port pixel interface
- Custom DMX power relay board (also powers ECG-DR4)
- Custom 2801 pixel to 8 channel DC controllers (qty 4)
- Custom 8 port P-DMX distributor (one cabinet only)
- Big W strings for trees and fences
- 12V 2811 pixel strip for gutter line
- 12V RGB strip for garage doors
- 5V and 12V meteor tubes
- 5V 6803 pixel mini tree
- Pre-lit popup trees with meteors added
- 30V LED rope light motifs
- 30V jumbo candy canes
- Small red/green star laser